Monday, April 23, 2012

COLOR-MAD MONDAY

I really love the violet and orange combination that I slapped together on this corrugated metal planter, and have been having tons of fun playing with interesting plant combos to echo those colors.

A violet yarrow with a new-to-me salvia called magna, or something like that
Amazon dianthus, cosmos, and some not-yet-blooming rudbeckia
One of the many gorgeous succulents I bought at Shoal Creek nursery in Austin. Unfortunately, they just stuck a generic "cacti" label on all of them.
My homemade birdbath has finally been cleaned up and repainted.
Perilla 'magilla'
Can't remember what this was, maybe an osteospermum? All I know is it managed to winter over in that pot, even though the drainage got plugged up and it sat in water for weeks. Too bad the deer love those blooms so much.
Some kind of petunia/callibrachoa(sp?) hybrid
Just wait'll these babies all have time to fill out a bit. It's gonna be color crazy in the Cantina Garden!

No comments: