Sunday, February 5, 2012

I DON'T ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST OUT...

but when I do, I prefer...
the half-order of Migas, at the Wimberley Cafe.
There's nothing quite like a neighborhood cafe, where the food is always tasty, and the crowd is always predictable.  The same group of cowboys is always on the porch drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes (though we no longer have to worry about the elderly one who even smoked when wearing his oxygen tank).  If the weather is halfway decent, there will always be a passel of Harleys in the parking lot, as our cafe is situated on one of the most popular roads for Hill Country bikers.  I am sad to report, though, that it's been months since we've spotted little Miss Bobbi sitting at her favorite table, and I fear she may have passed on to that great cafe in the sky.  There is a new "fixture" in the cafe now, almost every time we go, though he prefers the counter to a table.  We call him Mr. Tie-Dye.
I just love the way the colors in his shirt blend perfectly with the cafe decor!  One thing we don't see quite so often is this:

Someone drove their tractor to breakfast again!
So remember, if you find yourself in a parking lot, where a Prius or a Smart Car is parked between some Harleys and a John Deere, you just might be in Wimberley!

2 comments:

Teri H said...

Migas is what I ALWAYS get when we go out for breakfast too! And that photo has me drooling!

Hill Country Hippie said...

But do you drive a tractor to breakfast?