Monday, January 2, 2012

A COLOR MAD USE FOR KITCHEN TOWELS

Do you recall, back in September, the wonderful little market basket that I gave away to honor my blog's 4th anniversary?  If you read the comments after I announced the winner, you might have noticed that my sister-in-law Priscilla was really, really hoping to win that basket. Well, to tell you the truth, she did.  However, since I happened to know that she was getting this very thing for Christmas, I put her name back in the hat, and drew another one.  Sorry, Pris!
Actually, that's what all the adult females in my family got this year, though each was a different color and design.  Also, instead of the Boggy Creek cookbook, I gave them all Serving Up the Harvest, by Andrea Chesman, and instead of the little cowgirl coin purse, they each got one of the beautiful jacquard dish towels that I brought back from Provence, which just happened to be in their favorite colors.  I assumed they would use them to dry dishes, but my niece Jessica had other ideas.  She and Geoff had just moved into a new home, and she said the colors in the towel were so perfect for her new kitchen, she just couldn't bear to relegate it to a drawer.  Instead she bought a set of fabric stretchers from the hobby shop, et voila!  The brilliant art masterpiece you see above was created -- another shining example of divergent thinking, and creative reuse!

No comments: