Saturday, January 14, 2012

COLOR MAD MODEL HOMES II

Oh my, my.  I can't believe I never got around to sharing these pictures from the second model home that Lexi and I toured on our little outing last month.  Guess it was all those "distractions" that popped up right around Christmas!
This one was kind of strange.  It looks like a two-story doesn't it? Well, it's not, unless Lex and I somehow missed the stairs altogether (we went around twice, just to be sure).  In fact, it had just two bedrooms, and one living area, with no office or study -- kind of odd for such an upscale house.  What it did have going for it were the two wonderful porches outside...
gorgeous colors and lush fabrics inside...

Love the antique door used as a headboard
More of the rich earth tones that I love so much.
and a couple of pieces of furniture that I would give my eye teeth for -- the funky chair below, and the matching credenza-like thingy pictured in the first photo above.

It sits low to the ground, like my comfy adirondacks.
Not only did they both make me a wee bit color mad, I just can't stop thinking of different ways in which I could use them.  For instance, the cabinet thingy could be a potting bench of sorts, on the little porch in front of my someday utility room/potting shed.  Or, I could put the chair there instead, as a comfy place to relax with a cool beverage between chores. Or, I could put them both on my balcony porch, to use as a buffet and extra seating when we dine out there. Or, what about on the porch down by the Cantina Garden!  Or...oh my.  I do so love a versatile piece of furniture!

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

I bet you and the talented Alexis could find some cheap (but comfortable/utile) wood furniture, slap some paint on it and then get out the steel wool!