Friday, December 9, 2011

HOUSTON, DAY TWO

The tree at my favorite "open air" shopping center, Town & Country.
The coziest place to kill time, while waiting for the bookstore to open?  La Madeleine!
They make a darn good cup of hot chocolate there.
Whoever does the container gardens and seasonal color at this shopping center does a fantastic job.  I should know.  That's what I did for a living when we lived in Dallas!
This is where I met my boys for lunch.  Hmm, we seem to have a "French" theme going on here today, don't we?
The French have this cozy thing down!
Ooh la la!  My son's French Onion Soup was to die for!  I've got the onions.  Has anyone got a great recipe?
Bistro Provence is where my hubby used to take me for romantic celebrations, when we lived nearby.
Last stop of the day was Cornelius Nursery.  Not as cool as Buchanans, where I used to work, but a fun place to browse. Too bad they'd already sold out on most of their Christmas decor -  by the first week in December!!!

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Aww, that was my old neighborhood, too. I spent many an hour at T&C and Mem City shopping for the family. Bistro Provence is a cool place for a bite. I miss Cornelius now that they are not family owned anymore. Now I spend my time inside the loop and must admit I love it maybe even more! I love the old feel of historic Houston. Glad you had a good visit with your kids.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Yeah, Cornelius was waaaay better, back in the day. I love inside the loop too, and the Heights!