Monday, December 19, 2011

COLOR MAD MONDAY: A GUEST BLOGGER!

I happen to know a very talented young designer, Alexis Lane of Lane Design Studio.  She made an exciting discovery recently, which she wished to share with you:


Growing up I heard more than once that I look just like my mother. My favorite story to tell is about a woman who stopped the two of us at a shopping center and said “Well don’t you two just look like Pete and Repeat!” I more than just look like my mother, though. We share quite a few personality quirks, one of which is that I get a little Color Mad myself. 
As a kid my favorite activities always involved paint, markers, or anything else bright and shiny I could get my hands on. When trying to figure out what career path to take without becoming a starving artist, it was Mom who steered me in the right direction with “Uh, Lex, did you consider Interior Design?” So, yes, I have a bit of a thing for color.
I hope you understand, then, when I say that I got a little misty eyed when I discovered the website Design Seeds. This website by Jessica Colaluca creates beautiful color palates inspired by photographs taken from nature and other fun images. The results are breathtaking. I have a feeling a few of these might work their way into some of my designs very soon! 

1 comment:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Via Facebook:
#
Marguerite Dawson Krenek A cool and interesting website, so I signed up to receive it by email!
Yesterday at 9:08am · LikeUnlike
#
Priscilla Lane A friend of mine posted links to Design Seeds about a year ago. I check it every once in while. Never know when you'll find a palette that just speaks to you!
20 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Becky Thomas Lane It's not just the color palettes that speak to me, it's those gorgeous photographs of the ordinary things from which they drew the palettes. It's such a marvelous gift, to be able to slow down enough to look at simple, ordinary things, like those paintbrushes, in a whole new way, and to be inspired by them!
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
Priscilla Lane I think it's hard to create a palette from things you just see sitting around. I usually get mine from a piece of fabric or art--someone else has done the hard part (picking the colors), I just have to mix colors to match!