Monday, December 12, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN THE 50's

Miss Becky, in '55 or '56, at Mimi and Grandad's house.
Older sisters Poo (Carolyn) and Gus (Kathy).  Our mom probably made all those felt circle skirts herself.
Our Tree (circa 1959)
Another year, another skirt.
Poo and Gus model evening gowns they received for  Christmas.  Mimi made those.
Circa 1957.  This is what happens when both of your parents are a bit too creative.
1958, the year Wee Willy joined the party.  No, I did not try to remove him from this picture out of jealousy.  I adored my little brother.  I thought he was the best toy ever!
OK.  Sometimes their "creativity" just plain ran amok.  They used "The Cone" a couple of years in a row.  The other time it had angels floating on clouds, with twinkle light stars.  Notice how the cone theme carried over to our stockings that year.  This one is actually from the early 60's, which could explain a lot.

3 comments:

Kathy G said...

PS - I actually remember having to crawl inside the cone and twist the wires that were poking through and getting all scratched up!!!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Better you than me. I'm the one who ruined everyone's Christmas by jumping when the stupid plug on one of their other trees shocked the living daylights out of me, thus knocking it over and breaking half the ornaments.

Unknown said...

I just love checking out your photo's Becky! ...and I see why the Book Christmas Tree appealed to you! ;D