Monday, November 21, 2011

THINGS COULD BE WORSE

Well, my mouth is finally starting to recover.  It's still a bit difficult to eat anything other than soft stuff, but the only time I need the pain meds is at night.  Apparently, lying down makes things throb.  Know what's really ridiculous?  The thing that has bothered me most was neither the site of the big molar extraction/bone graft nor the spot where they peeled back my gums to check how far a mysterious groove on the back of one tooth traveled up the root (it doesn't, which is good).  No, what drove me absolutely nuts was a stupid ulcer on the inside of my lower lip.  It would seem it either got pinched by some instrument, or somebody accidentally chomped down on it when it was so dead she couldn't feel it.  I hate those mouth blister thingies!  Oh, and I'm not too crazy about the big wad of silly putty stuck to my gums right in front, protecting the sutures. It doesn't hurt at all, but it's sure to be showing up in several Thanksgiving photos, since there's no way on earth I can keep from laughing when I'm around my siblings and kiddos!
On the other hand, I got to spend a couple of days curled up on the sofa, and was told "no strenuous exercise, lifting or bending over for a couple of days!"  I had good books to keep me company.
My hubby cooked pasta for me, and fetched the Christmas gift wrap box for me as soon as I said "Sweetie, would you mind...?", instead of asking if I had a broken leg or something.

Favorite snow globes, gifted to me by one sister in years past.
New additions to my pine cone collection, brought by the other sister last time she visited.
Best of all, I got to watch my first sappy Christmas movie of the season, and enjoy the little touches of holiday sparkle that are beginning to pop up here and there around the house.  Yep, on the whole, things could be a whole lot worse, don't you think?

1 comment:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Via Facebook:
o
JoBeth Cloud Hope you're feeling better. See if you can get "The Bishop's Wife" with Cary Grant and Loretta Young. Great "recovery" movie. My favorite Christmas movie. Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
o
Becky Thomas Lane Thanks JB, you too!
o
Priscilla Lane But ow-wee nonetheless! Hope you don't have to work to hard cooking on Thursday.

o
Becky Thomas Lane We're going to Dallas for Turkey Day. All I have to do is bring a side dish!