Thursday, November 17, 2011

PAYBACK TIME

This photo here?  This is the kind of thing that tends to happen when I'm a bit bored, and Hubby is just way too absorbed in one electronic screen or another.  If he had glanced up at any point in my knot-tying, or even twitched a muscle, I would have stopped what I was doing.  I would have known that he was, in fact, aware of another presence in the room.  Alas, he did not move a muscle until he heard the click of my camera.

It's a good thing he's not a morning person.  He's usually still in bed when I finish my sunrise reverie, head back into the bedroom to begin writing, and get sucked into my own personal oblivion.  Even if he does wake up before I finish, it's at least another hour before he climbs out of his fog.  That is my saving grace -- the only thing that has kept me from suffering serious retribution.  Thanks to that, I get by with nothing more than his sneaking up from behind once in a blue moon, to bounce me up and down on the balance ball I use as a desk chair.  At least...I think it's once in a blue moon.  To tell you the truth, I probably don't even notice half the time.

One of these days, he's going to grab my camera and flush it down the commode.

No comments: