Friday, November 25, 2011

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

I'm not much for mall-shopping, and you would never catch me out at any of the stores on "Black Friday".  In fact, the ads alone were enough to make me want to kick the TV screen in.  However, I will admit to enjoying a walk through the mall in the early morning hours, before the crowds and craziness hit.  Especially if it happens to be North Park shopping center in Dallas -- the mall of my youth.  Hard to believe this mall is around 50 years old.  It's so timeless and classy, and well maintained!



Lexi's favorite store, LUSH.
A different kind of gift wrap.
One of the first animated window displays I've seen in years!  The turkey wobbled!

My favorite store, from a merchandiser's point of view, Anthropologie.
Though very few of the original stores remain, some things never change.  For as long as this mall has been open, there have been little kids running up the sides of these planters, for the sheer joy of sliding back down again!

1 comment:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Via Facebook:
*
Nicki Thomsen They built it when I was at SMU - went back last fall and it is pretty amazing how cool it still is!
*
Jean Ohm I love North Park, also. Christmas is when it is the best!