Monday, October 10, 2011

WHEN SLOW + SIMPLE = SEMI-HAPPY

First the good news.  We got three inches of rain this weekend!  A nice, steady rain, which actually had a chance to soak in and do some good!  Of course, one rain does not a drought-breaker make, and we'll need a lot more just like it to fill those lakes, rivers and aquifers back up.  It sure did help our rain tank's situation though!

The gauge on the tank, which shows the level is back up over my head now.
The down side was that it knocked our internet out again -- for two and a half days this time!  Which is why you haven't heard from me in a while.  Sorry about that!  I guess that's one way to force oneself to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life, but it's certainly not at the top of my list.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't even on my list, when I was jotting down ideas for my Simple Sunday posts.
Still, I must admit that I did enjoy lying in bed a bit longer than usual, listening to the sound of rain on our metal roof; all the extra time it gave me for curling up on the sofa with a good book; the slowly-cooked meal we prepared last night, and the wine we drank with it.
The impromptu meeting of the Muses on a covered porch was pretty nice too, as were the numerous pots of tea I brewed over a weekend which seemed much longer than usual.  Much, much, longer!
So, if you find it difficult to slow down enough to enjoy the simple pleasures that life has to offer, and your weekends always seem to go by in a blur, here's an idea.  Unplug yourself!

No comments: