Saturday, October 15, 2011

SHE WAS "IN THE MOOD!"

Know what's even better than a daughter who sews?  A daughter who bakes!
Not long ago I told my daughter that what I'd really love for my birthday, instead of any more "stuff", would be for her to come spend the night the next time her dad was out of town, hang out while we knit and watch a sappy movie like we used to, help me with a certain little project, and if she just felt like she had to bring me something, I wouldn't mind a few of her super-dooper chewy almond cookies to keep in the freezer, so I can have one now and then with a cup of hot tea.  This is what she brought instead.  Once I'd picked my jaw up off the floor, I told her she'd gone a bit overboard, and that the cookies would have been more than enough.  She just shrugged and said "I was in a baking mood."

Know what's even better than a daughter who sews or a daughter who bakes?  One who does both, and then gives it all away!

4 comments:

Rainy Day Gardener said...

Your birthday request of time and special memories is the perfect gift! I love it and wow, you ended up with quite the birthday haul after all :) Cheers, Jenni

Hill Country Hippie said...

No kidding. I hit the jackpot! Plus, she came early because she thought we were going to be out of town on my actual b-day, which isn't until the end of the month. Now that she knows otherwise, I think she will probably be back again (we still have some work to do on a secret project), but I'll make sure she knows she doesn't need to bake anything else next time. This should hold me for a while!

Anonymous said...

That Lexie is a keeper!

Love, Aunt Gus

Hill Country Hippie said...

I have to agree!