Monday, October 3, 2011

FOR THE WELL-DRESSED GNOME OR ELF

I'm so happy that I finally learned to knit.  It's such a peaceful, meditative thing, forcing you to slow down and just let it all go.  I will probably never knit a sweater, as that requires too much concentration.  Plus, we hardly ever need them here.  I prefer simple, quick, utilitarian projects.
I've had my fill of knitting tea cozies for a while, and have moved on to these guys -- little baby gnome hats!  I couldn't be more tickled with them.  Just ask my sister how many times I've picked this one up since she got here, asking her "Is this not the most precious thing you've ever seen in your life?
I can't help it.  It's just so dang kuh-yooooot!

So, what about you?  What is your favorite meditative task?  The one that forces you to slow down and just...b-r-e-a-t-h-e.

5 comments:

david said...

Shiner in my left hand, Planter's peanuts in my right hand....

GoP said...

Actual meditation! I make my clients meditate too!

But that isn't what you meant...refinishing old furniture!

Hill Country Hippie said...

I think I probably could have guessed those answers!

n said...

Going for a walk, sitting on the patio, reading a good book, getting together with friends for lunch, looking to the right and the left, instead of just in front of me, to see the view most often not seen.

Nellie said...

Oh yea- and reading your blog!