Monday, October 24, 2011

COLOR MAD MONDAY: FISHS EDDY

The merchandisers at Fishs Eddy know my secret -- that if you don't have a "theme" for a display, you can always merchandise by color!  See how everything in this photo ties into the colors of those marbles in front?
There were two main shops in NYC that my big sister told me I just had to visit: ABC Home and Fishs Eddy.  ABC made me think of an Anthropologie store.  On steroids.  Mega doses of steroids.  I can see it being a favorite haunt for women whose primary purpose in life is to score something unique that none of their friends has yet.  Or, if you happen to be my cousin Jerry, and need an unusual chandelier for one of the shows you gather/create props for, this might be a great place to go.  For the most part though, as they say about New York, it's a great place to visit, but...  Me, I like practical stuff.  Useful stuff.  And color.  Boy, do I like color.  Which is why I just loooooooved Fishs Eddy!
Fishs Eddy was just chock full of both color and useful stuff, like dishes and glassware -- my very favorite kind of useful stuff!

OK, these glove molds probably aren't all that useful, but they get bonus points for color!
It's a really good thing I don't have one of these stores anywhere close to Wimberley, 'cause the only thing that kept me from getting into serious trouble here?  Knowing what a pain it would be to haul ceramics or glassware home on the plane!


1 comment:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Via Facebook:
Alexis Lane I guess I shouldn't tell you that Fishs Eddy has a website you can order stuff from, huh? http://www.fishseddy.com/
*
Alexis Lane Actually, after looking through the website, I am in so much trouble.
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
JoBeth Cloud Traveling on a plane? Just one word: UPS! (ok, that's not a word but it works!) First thing I say when I walk into an antique mall on vacations, "Do you ship?" LOL :-D
10 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Becky Thomas Lane I must confess, I did check to make sure they had an online store -- the only way I could walk out of there empty-handed!
8 hours ago · LikeUnlike ·
JoBeth Cloud I am going to check this out!..
Carolyn Kay Thomas I just knew you would love it.