Tuesday, September 6, 2011

THE BEST DANG DAY OF THE YEAR

And what day might this be?

Why, it's the first fuzzy-lap-robe-day of the year!  All summer long, when we've awakened to temps hovering just below 80, my morning tea and oats have been, well, tolerable.  But today?  Today they are going to be tree-men-dous!  This morning it's only 55 F. out, and we slept with all the windows w-i-d-e open! 

Oh happy day!  I just love fuzzy-lap-robe-day, don't you? (Yeah, yeah, I know.  It's only a fluke, and we probably haven't seen the last of those triple digit days, but I can dream, can't I?)

5 comments:

Teri H said...

Most certainly you can dream! I'm on the front porch this very minute... enjoying the cool stillness of the morning waking up... with coffee and my laptop.

Hill Country Hippie said...

I knew you would be!

Nellie said...

It was certainly a treat this morning when I went out for the morning paper! and again tonight when David and I went out for a walk! :)

Hill Country Hippie said...

I had to shut the windows and turn on the AC for a while this afternoon, but I'm fixing to throw them open again right now!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Via Facebook:

*
JoBeth Cloud We left all our windows open too. "Skunked " early this morning! Even the wildlife is happy. WOOOHOOO.
Yesterday at 7:54am · LikeUnlike
*
Becky Thomas Lane I could have done without the smokey smell here, but figured it was better to leave them open -- just in case someone came driving around with a bullhorn to announce that one of the fires was headed our way!
Yesterday at 8:37am · LikeUnlike
*
Priscilla Lane So bad about all the fires, but glad you're catching a break in the temperatures, at least. We've got a cold front, too. It's so nice to open the doors and windows and let the fresh air in!
Yesterday at 2:34pm · Like