Sunday, August 14, 2011

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY: PUPPY LOVE


We're babysitting our granddog Guinness this week, while her papa goes on a cruise with his buddies.  There's nothing like a sweet puppy to make you slow down and pay attention.  For instance, you think you're gonna just run her out for a quick potty trip, but it ends up taking 45 minutes.  There are just sooooo many interesting things to sniff and explore.

She loves coming out on the porch with me, but hates having to go back inside -- a good excuse for me to spend just a wee bit longer in that rocking chair.  There's only one thing likely to tempt her back inside...

the smell of breakfast cooking!

Ever hopeful that something will drop, though it almost never does.  Dogs are so patient, and optimistic!

Did I say you could get on that bed, you little shedding machine?

Ah well, I guess the damage is already done, so as long as you are here...

Know what I love mostest of all?  Those silky ears!  I could rub on those ears  All.  Day.  Long.

Puppy Love.  It's simple.  It slows me down.  It makes me oh so happy!  What about you?  What did you do to slow down and enjoy some of the simple things life has to offer this weekend?

No comments: