Thursday, August 18, 2011

CANTINA GARDEN COLOR

There's not much in the garden these days that isn't brown and brittle, but there are still a few surprises to be found.

For one thing, my Texas Persimmon tree is actually looking better than usual.  A lot of the fruit is thumbnail sized and still growing, whereas it usually ripens and falls at pinky size.  Anybody know of a good way to use it?

My Mexican Oregano is still blooming profusely.  I just love multicolored blooms like these.
This Castor Bean plant that grew from dropped seed is now about waist-high, and sending up its first bloom.  Just look at those colors!
This marigold is a pop-up plant as well, and is doing much better than its nursery-bred mama ever did!

I adore contrast in my garden -- dark purple-black foliage against bright lime green; purple blooms and berries mixed with day-glo orange; this Black Pearl pepper plant is a gem!  Ha-ha-ha!  Pearl?  Gem?  Get it?  And that wasn't even intentional!

I even have a few succulents still, that the deer haven't uprooted.



It's not much, but it's better 'n nuthin'!

1 comment:

david said...

We have color in our garden...all different shades of Hellish brown...