Thursday, April 21, 2011

OH HAPPY DAY!

Just back from a fun morning spent at Austin Gastroenterology, and I came through both tests with flying colors.  Everything looks A-OK in both the northern and southern hemispheres!  I'm here to tell you, for those of you who are coming up on the big Five-Oh and have been dreading this, it is really NO. BIG. DEAL!  The day of prep was definitely the worst part, but even so, I never experienced any nausea or painful cramping.  I just had to drink waaaaaay more Gatorade than I'm comfortable with.  And today?  Today was a breeze!  The anesthesia for this is much different from the ones I had for surgeries.  I fell sound asleep as soon as they gave it to me, was completely oblivious to everything they did, but 30 minutes later when they wheeled me back to my cubicle, it was as if they had flipped  on a light switch.  I came instantly awake, with none of the usual drowsiness, nausea, or unsteadiness at all!  In fact, John would probably say I was disgustingly chipper.  Thirty minutes after that I was wolfing down a hearty breakfast at Magnolia Cafe.  So, all in all, if I ever had to choose between having another one of these, or, say,  having another root canal?  The colonoscopy would win, hands down!

2 comments:

The Curious Holts said...

YEA to good health and good drugs! Live long and prosper lady!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks CH. Can't wait to hear more about your latest adventures. That was one MONDO surprise!