Thursday, March 31, 2011

WAIT FOR IT...


Remember when, oh, two or two and a half years ago, that antique store right across the road from us went out of business?  And I told you that someone bought it, and it looked like they were turning it into a Mexican restaurant?  Then, about a year ago, when I was making plans for my little family reunion here, I told you that it looked like they had finally finished renovating the space, so surely they would have it open in time for us to hold our big family dinner there?  Well, I was wrong.

But then, a few months ago, at long last, they finally gave the place a name -- Agave -- and we thought, "This is it!  They are finally going to open that dang place!"  Well, we were wrong.  It's still just a-sittin' there.  No visible signs of life.  Dear Hubby says "Well, if they ever do open, I hope they manage to stay open for at least as long as it took them to get ready to open!"

2 comments:

Hill Country Hippie said...

via Facebook:
o
Jean Ohm: Some friends told us they still are having problems with permits or zoning.

o
Pamela Price: Hahahaha re: hub's reaction
o
Becky Thomas Lane: He's probably right - it's really tough for a restaurant to make a go of it long term, in a small town like this.

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing with us, I conceive this website really stands out : D.