Monday, February 7, 2011

A RESTAURANT SPEAKS



There's been a new place in town, Kate's Place, for several months now. Lex and I tried it once when it was brand new. The decor was nice, the service decent, the location convenient, and the dish we ordered -- a sandwich with tomatoes and mozzarella I think -- was ok. But it wasn't great. It wasn't enough to call to me from afar, and beckon me back. And so, Kate's never seems to be at the top of my list when we are deciding where to eat.

John felt a little left out, however, since he wasn't with us when we tried the place. He wanted the opportunity to form his own opinion, and said it wasn't fair to make up our minds based on one dish, especially when the restaurant was so new that they were still working the kinks out. He's absolutely right. Cuz this dish, this Crab & Salmon Cake Eggs Benedict that I had for brunch yesterday? Well, it spoke to me. And, I have a feeling it's gonna keep on callin' until I come back and try a few of the other menu items! It's only fair, right?

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Yum! Where is this place??

Hill Country Hippie said...

Here in Wimberley, on 2325. It's right across from the grounds where they hold Wimberley market days each month.