Monday, November 22, 2010

COLOR MAD MONDAY







People in New England believe they have cornered the market on fall color. I beg to differ.

It's just that Yankee Autumn is a brazen hussy, who shows you everything she's got on the first date, while Southern Autumn is more of a seductress. She prefers to tease and titillate, slowly revealing herself, bit by bit, one tiny thing at a time. She draws the pleasure out to build anticipation, saving the final reveal for right at Thanksgiving.

It's all in the timing, people. All in the timing.

4 comments:

musingegret said...

Happened across this post of Chihuly creations and thought you'd enjoy!

http://millefiorifavoriti.blogspot.com/2010/11/chihuly-glass-at-borgata.html

P.S. I love hill country autumn too. My big hackberry is more orange than I can remember in years past!

Unknown said...

Oh I really enjoyed this post!

Beautiful photos, that I have to admit gave me a twinge of jealousy that you are able to take such beautiful shots, minus the snow that we currently have!

Thank you, a little burst of warmth that I needed!

Hill Country Hippie said...

I do so love his stuff. Finally got to see some of it in person at the Bellagio, in Vegas.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Laurinda, this time of year is our reward for having to put up with such horrific summers!