Monday, November 8, 2010

COLOR MAD MONDAY




Last time I went to Houston, I cleared out the big coat closet where I stored a bunch of gift wrap and floral supplies. Unfortunately, our coat closet here is half the size, and is already filled with coats, vacuum cleaners, ironing boards, etc. As I

walked into the house carrying these glittery orange twigs, I happened to notice the two pots on the porch, with the ebon-leaved ornamental peppers in them. The one with the perfectly round peppers is called "Black Pearl." Isn't she magnificent? Anywho, it suddenly occurred to me that if I just stuck these twigs in those pots, I could call it fall/Halloween decor, and it would give me several weeks reprieve before I had to find a permanent home for them. It ended up being my very favorite Halloween decoration this year. OK. So it was my only Halloween decoration this year. I still say it was downright spiffy!

3 comments:

musingegret said...

Magnificent indeed!! That "Black Pearl" is a second-looker for sure. Your pics of your plants have been so informative and interesting during this 2010 season---lots of great ideas to glean.

Hill Country Hippie said...

I discovered it on Austin gardener Pam Pennick's blog, Digging (http://www.penick.net/digging/).

musingegret said...

Synchronicity! Her post today featured an update on the Black Pearl. I had lost her blog site---thanks for the mention.