Monday, October 25, 2010

COLOR MAD MONDAY: I CAN'T BELIEVE I MADE THIS MYSELF!





Remember the leaf sculptures we made at the Muses concrete play day? Well, mine has been sitting around on the porch ever since. I wasn't sure how I wanted to paint it, where or how to use it, etc. You know how it goes. Anyhoo, I was in the craft store the other day and happened across some little bottles of acrylic craft paint that said they were meant for outdoor stuff. Soooo, I grabbed a few in my go-to colors, brought them home, and just started playing. Somehow, it all came together into something I love.

When I was finished, I walked over to the porch rail and stood gazing down on the Cantina Garden for a few minutes. Next thing I knew, a lightbulb had lit up in my head, telling me just where to place my new "birdbath", and even what to display it on!

Picture me doing my giddy squeal dance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! You are one talented lady.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Nah, just had a great teacher. Thank you Fiber Woman and Glass Man!

musingegret said...

That is **so cool looking**---great job! Have you considered a sideline business? ;-)

Can't wait to see a pic of a birdie fluffing her feathers at her toilette.

Hill Country Hippie said...

I added a bit of water to it this afternoon. Will let you know when I see my first customer.