Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS




(click image to enlarge)

The strangest thing happened while I was cooking dinner tonight. We had a heck of a storm last night, bringing us up to 8 1/2 inches of rain in 24 hours, but then it cleared up and turned into a pretty nice day. Round about 5:00 the skies fell again, dumping another 2 1/2 inches here at our house, and as much as 6 inches in other parts of town - all in less than 90 minutes. Then it cleared up again.

So, like I said, I was in the kitchen, cooking my dinner, when I happened to glance out the window and saw a big line of cars pulled off to the side of the road up on the highway. I figured there must be a wreck or something, so I stepped out onto the porch to get a closer look. The minute I opened the door, I heard the roar - the roar of a raging river, right in my front yard!

Of course, if you've never been to my house, these pictures probably don't seem all that dramatic. What you have to keep in mind is that you normally can't see the creek at all from up here on my porch. Those trees beside the road that runs in front of my house are on top of a cliff, and the water is usually just a trickle, hidden from sight about 20 ft. down below.

2 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

Incredible. I hope everything is okay at your home....

Hill Country Hippie said...

Yes, everything is fine here. Thanks Linda.