Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK

Are you familiar with the Simple Woman Blog, and The Simple Woman's Daybook phenom that has resulted from it? I thought I would join in on the fun today, and hope some of you will follow suit.


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...my hubby sits rocking on the porch, eating toast with cinnamon honey.

I am thinking...how lucky I am to finally live in a place with beautiful views from every window.

I am thankful for...my hubby being here at home, after 3 months of working out of town.

From the learning rooms...not a homeschooler, but I've been learning a lot myself lately through reading historical novels, about the Mexican revolution, Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, Trotsky, Stalin, and life during the Great Depression here in the states.

From the kitchen...pesto, roasted tomatoes, tomato pie, peach pie.

I am wearing...a pink cotton nightgown with black polkadots, buttons and lace trim.

I am creating...as always, this blog about the good life, my little graphic "to do" lists and garden journals, knitted dish cloths, plus trying to decide what to make for Christmas gifts.

I am going...to exercise and to have a handmade from scratch taco at Mima's for lunch afterwards.

I am reading...The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver, and The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree, by Susan Wittig Albert.

I am hoping...that everyone has a wonderful time at the cousin's reunion we are hosting this weekend.

I am hearing...the whirling of a ceiling fan overhead, birds chirping outside, the bathroom vent fan, and a periodic truck passing on the highway, some ways off.

Around the house...making to-do lists for the next three days, in preparation for the reunion.

One of my favorite things...sitting on the porch to watch the sun come up, then scribbling in my journal about whatever popped into my head while doing that. Dark chocolate. Color - lots, and lots of cheerful color. Yes, I realize that was more than one thing.

A few plans for the rest of the week: just hoping to stay calm and go with the flow, while trying to ensure that eighteen other people are having a good time.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...the spot where I do my very best thinking!

2 comments:

The Curious Holts said...

I love this...might have to do it on my blog tomorrow. That's kind of a free day! woo hoo.
I sure hope your reunion goes swimmingly! I'm sure it will. Wimberley is so wonderful and you're pretty great yourself!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Oh my - you're making me blush!