Monday, July 12, 2010

COLOR-MAD MONDAY



I'm absolutely mad about the way these two glass sculptures mimic the colors and shapes in the painting above - especially so since, once again, it was by chance rather than design. John gave them to me for my birthday several years ago, and I'm sure this painting never crossed his mind when he was purchasing them. In fact, he much prefers it when I have them sitting near a window, with sunshine pouring through the glass, so that's where they usually are. But, somehow, this painting keeps calling them back.

4 comments:

musingegret said...

Ooooh, those are gorgeous pieces---like beautifully wrapped packages that need never be torn into!

Off topic: Ran across some info you might like about blog 'housekeeping.'

http://ofscarabs.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-universe.html

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks ME! I forwarded that link to my hubby. Maybe he can help me do this.

The Curious Holts said...

Oh my, that is a MARVELOUS combo! Such lovely, feminine curves everywhere...soothing colors. Love love it.

Hill Country Hippie said...

They are voluptuous, aren't they?