Thursday, July 8, 2010

A CLOSE CALL






Lest you think I'm already heading down the path towards geriatric dementia, I should explain that I had just cause for confusing my days earlier this week. For one thing, I was off with Lex on her business trip to San Antone on Sunday the 4th, so it didn't feel much like a holiday, or even a weekend. On top of that, Wimberley decided to hold their annual Independence Day Parade on Monday the the 5th this year, so as not to compete with folks wanting to go to church. Therefore, Monday felt very much like a weekend and a holiday. So you see, I'm not so crazy after all!

What with ailing parents and lack of inspiration, the Muses and I ended up not being one of the entrants in the parade this year, and maybe it was for the best. Almost every year, at least one vintage vehicle breaks down, and its passengers have to pile out and start pushing (uphill a good part of the way). As we were headed home after the parade, we spotted Outdoor Woman's little blue beetle, broken down and abandoned by the side of the road. As it turns out, had we entered it in the parade as planned, the ones pushing their vehicle uphill in the blazing sun would have been us - dressed as peacocks!

No comments: