Thursday, July 29, 2010

AN ATYPICAL SUMMER


Wow. I can't believe it was after 6:30, and it still wasn't light enough for me to write in my journal out on the porch this morning. That's some serious cloud cover we've been having lately. I'm not complaining though! In fact, I am extremely grateful for this wonderfully mild summer we are having: frequent highs down in the 80's (only flirted with triple digits once or twice); weekly showers that have kept water in the creeks, and my rain tank filled to the top; shady afternoons for working in my garden; little if any extra watering needed for trees and shrubs; lower than usual electric bills; no burn bans... In other words, anything but your typical Texas summer, which could explain why I still haven't made it to the Blue Hole yet! What's not to love?

No comments: