Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A STAY OF EXECUTION

A last minute reprieve has been delivered! I'm still heading to Houston tomorrow, but only for a couple of days. When I told Lex that I wasn't too keen on abandoning all my plants in order to go to work in John's call center, she asked "I wonder if they could use me for a week here and there? I'm fixing to be between projects at work, and some extra money would sure come in handy when it's time to move." TA-DAA, problem solved! At least, for now. If she's going to be there all next week, then maybe I can get by with just going for a couple of days each week, and not have to abandon all our new plants to drought and pestilence. Yea, Lex! You're my hero (though you would have been even more of a hero, if you hadn't blabbed to Dad that I was sending you there as my spy, to keep tabs on him and make sure he's staying healthy).

2 comments:

musingegret said...

Wonderful news! On another subject---thought of you when I read the following post. Scroll down to where she talks about using up old garden veggies (gone to seed, wormeaten, etc) for making homemade veggie stock. Frugal and Delicious!

http://www.hungersauce.com/?p=1016

Hill Country Hippie said...

I like her blog! I've got it bookmarked now.