Tuesday, April 6, 2010

SPRING IN TEXCANY






It pays to have friends. Friends with benefits. 'Tho I haven't been able to find any morel mushrooms on my property so far, my friend Outdoor Woman has hit the jackpot at her place. So, rather than having our usual weekly meet-up at the coffee shop, the Muses and I gathered at her place this morning. Not only did I get to go 'shroomin' for the very first time, I also got to gather eggs from the hen house - another first for me. Then we snipped some parsley from her garden, brought our spoils inside, and she made us an absolutely yummy brunch of scrambled eggs with sauteed morels, and hot Challah with herb butter. Once again I felt compelled to say, "It just doesn't get any better than this!"

P.S. We did do our research, and I hope you will too, if you decide to go 'shroomin' yourself. There are false morels, so be careful! I hear in France, during mushroom season, you can take your basket of shrooms into any pharmacy, and their experts will tell you if any of yours are dangerous. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: