Saturday, April 24, 2010

MORE THAN A BREEZE






It picked this rocker up and dropped it on its head, causing us to sit bolt upright in bed at 2:00 AM.

It had this tree whipping around so crazily that it ripped the twinkle lights right out of their sockets.




It tossed this pot rack, thus supplying The Muses and I with even more pottery shards for our garden art projects.




It caused this hammock chair to tie itself in knots, rammed a wheelbarrow into John's car and carried off the lid to my composter.




BUT...despite the fact that John's little weather station registered winds of 40 mph...it did not harm one - single - bottle on my little tree. Whew! Still, I think maybe we should get it planted in cement sooner, rather than later, don't you?

5 comments:

d.a. said...

It was crazy last night for sure - glad you're all okay!

Hill Country Hippie said...

No kidding! Just before we went to bed, they were showing a tornado warning, but only in Milam county - so I didn't think we had anything to worry about here. But, when that ruckus woke us up, and I saw that electric light show going on over in your direction, I ran to the window to scan for funnels! Our problem here is that John's man cave downstairs is the perfect storm shelter, as it's actually tucked into the side of the hill. Only problem is, you have to go outside to get to it. I hate having to make that call - whether to stay upstairs amidst all this glass, or make our way downstairs through the flying pots and tables!

Teri H said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing! I'm going to copy you and have my dad built me a bottle tree... and David and I were just talking about how after a night last night, we'd have to cement it in the ground! =)

Anonymous said...

My son's walkie talkie went nuts. It was under a sofa cushion and started beeping about the tornado watch. I ran out to make sure the chickens had cooped up (we have one who is a loner emo chicken who sleeps outside rather than with the others), etc. Then we got NOTHING. No wind, rain, nada, zip.

I would definately concrete in the bottle tree...you can still dig it out later if you want, you will just have to dig out the 'crete.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Same here - no more than a drop or two of rain, despite all that wind and lightening!