Saturday, March 13, 2010

VISUAL REMINDERS OF MY GOOD LIFE






Know what's really great about having a blog? The photos! You know how it is with cameras - the older your kids get, the less pictures you seem to take. Eventually, you find yourself forgetting to even pull it out at Christmas and on vacations. But not me! Not anymore. Now I take mine with me everywhere.

Having my camera is like having a second set of eyes, or a pair of glasses with super powers! It forces me to pay attention - to really see the beauty in ordinary things like wood grain, or buttons in a jar - things I might have overlooked otherwise. But, that's not even the best part.

All of my photos are digital, and stored on my computer rather than in scrapbooks. Earlier this week, as I was scrolling through them in search of the perfect illustration for a blog posting, it suddenly occurred to me that it would be all but impossible for anyone to look at all these photos, and not find themselves thinking, "OMG. What a great life this woman has. Does she even have a clue how fortunate she is?"

Well yes, I do. And, thanks to all of these photos, I am reminded of it constantly.

1 comment:

musingegret said...

Now **that's** what I call carrying the attitude of gratitude!

P.S. Be sure and backup all those pics.