Wednesday, March 17, 2010

EARLY SPRING TO-DO'S


I know, I know - you're only supposed to plant those veggies your family eats a lot of, but how could I resist the temptation of something like Orange Chiffon Swiss Chard, or Red Veined Sorrel? Once again, my left brain is at war with my right. I think one is supposed to be dominant over the other in most people, but I seem to have equal measures of creativity and practicality - and they don't always get along very well! Anybody got a great recipe to share, for sorrel, chard or kale? Something for people who grew up thinking fresh asparagus was exotic?

(click image to enlarge)

3 comments:

Teri H said...

Kale chips!http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/kale-chips/

They are really good!

Teri H said...

Here's another recipe that calls for collard greens... but I put in whatever "greens" I have and it's always good! It's one of those recipes you can do lots of substitutions...

http://www.recipezaar.com/Slow-cooker-Hoppin-John-49064

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Teri, these sound great! (Plus, what fun to serve John a recipe called Hoppin' John!)