Saturday, January 30, 2010

TAP INTO YOUR OWN BRILLIANCE: PART VI - SLOW FOOD






Step #6, in Mary Jane Butters' Seven Wonders program for releasing your passion, is this: Create A Meal, Slowly. Mary Jane goes on to say, "A meal just for you. So often we feed others, but we must also nourish ourselves. Allow your senses to heighten as you create your personal culinary favorites. Smell, touch, see. Light some candles and present the meal to yourself--the guest of honor. Dine as if you have all the time in the world, coaxing flavor and inspiration from passionately prepared fare."

You may be surprised at just how sensual an experience slow-cooking can be. Don't believe me? Go to my sidebar there on the right, and click my link to "favorite foodie films." Watching a film like Chocolat, Woman On Top, or maybe Like Water For Chocolate, is guaranteed to put you "in the mood!" Whether it will be for cooking, eating, or something else altogether, well, that's hard to say...

3 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

Ok, you've got my attention! I just popped over to Mary Jane's Farm and subscribed to her magazine! I've enjoyed your take on her Seven Wonders

Hill Country Hippie said...

I just realized the oddest thing the other day: blogging has changed my taste in magazines! When I was working as a merchandiser, I took just about every cutesy decorating, craft and garden magazine out there. My focus was on "stuff" and making people want that stuff, so I scoured them for display ideas. Once I left that job and moved here full-time, I found myself losing interest in all my old favorites. They started feeling frivolous and stupid, most of the projects a waste of time and energy.Gradually, I let all my subscriptions lapse. I went out in search of something with a little more meat to it, and now have only three that I buy on a regular basis: Mary Jane's Farm, Hobby Farm Home, and Mother Earth News.

Linda Hoye said...

We will have much to talk about next week, Becky! I too have let many subscriptions lapse and am currently reading Mother Earth News, sometimes Hobby Farm Home, and I'm looking forward to receiving my first copy of my new subscription to Canada's Harrowsmith Country Life.