Wednesday, January 27, 2010

TAP INTO YOUR OWN BRILLIANCE III


Step #3, in Mary Jane Butters' Seven Wonders plan for tapping into one's own brilliance, happens to be very dear to my heart. It is this: Find a few minutes for free writing. "Indulge your deep love of the literary with a beautifully bound journal, just for you. Trust me, this little blank book will become your treasure-trove. Don't worry about penmanship or grammar; journal writing is a rare opportunity for unbridled thought. Unleash your pen and let it run wild across the open pages. Spur it with wishes, wonders, and what-ifs. When you read your entry, the tracks that your heart left upon the paper might surprise you."

There isn't much I can add to her words. You all know how I feel about jornal-writing. If something about this house and this place had not compelled me to begin my sunrise scribblings, I never would have started turning them into little stories and essays. And, if I had never started writing all those stories, there would be no blog. And, if there were no blog...well, I can't even go there. I can't bear to think of all that I might have missed out on.

No comments: