Sunday, January 31, 2010

TAP INTO YOUR OWN BRILLIANCE: CONCLUSION


The final step, in Mary Jane Butters' Seven Wonders program for tapping into the flow, is this: Practice Praise. She says, "There is no denying that the world is brimming with brilliant minds. Talent, ingenuity, and skill abound as far as the eye can see. Daunting? Nah. Inspiring. As you open your eyes to the work of talented women around you, allow yourself to experience awe without envy, and start doling out kudos like candy. You will find that the more freely you express your admiration, the greater your capacity for accomplishment, even if vicariously."

The first time I attended a Story Circle Network conference, I experienced something I didn't know existed. Women wanting other women to succeed. Helping them. Encouraging. Going out of their way. I spent three days in close quarters with 150 other women, and never heard a discouraging or catty word spoken the entire time. In fact, I never felt more...buoyant! It got me to thinking. Maybe what I'd always heard, about having to claw your way to the top, wasn't necessarily true. Find your tribe, and you will be lifted.

So there you have it - seven days, and seven ways of tapping into your creativity, your wellspring, your brilliance - the flow. I dare you to give it a try. Become a conduit. Open yourself up, and let the energies of the Great Creator course through you, then flow out into the world. What have you got to lose?

P.S. Many thanks to shlonkombakazay.blogspot.com for the above image.

No comments: