Thursday, December 17, 2009

SHOW ME YOURS, AND I'LL SHOW YOU MINE






Nests, that is. Just nests. You know what those are, don't you? We talked about them here. A nest is that spot in your home where you feel most cozy and protected. Or, perhaps it's your favorite spot for curling up with a good book. Or maybe it's the spot where you feel most creative. Whatever it is, I want you to send me a picture of it, along with a few words describing what it is that you love about it. My house is very small, and there's only so many things I can photograph for you, so I thought it was time to branch out, do a little sharing, maybe even have it a regular feature. Yes, that's the ticket! We could have a "Sharing Sunday", and I could post something from one of you each week. But first, you must take photos! You can send them to me at becky.lane at vownet dot net.

I'll get the ball rolling, OK? Here you see my winter knitting and reading nest. I love it because it has great lighting, a place to prop my feet, a small table to stack must-read books on, a snuggly shawl knitted by my daughter, a coaster for my tea, and a place to lean my head when my eyelids get heavy. Perfect. Now it's your turn!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Saw your comment on Homesick Texan. You can find chipotle powder in the bulk section of HEB. They also carry ancho and New Mexico Chile powders. I found it at the HEB in Kyle.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Melissa - can't wait to try those marshmallows in a cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate!

Jessica said...

I just like to steal your nooks in your Wimberly house.

Hill Country Hippie said...

It is a very cozy, but functional, little house. Never thought I could be so happy, living in just 3 rooms!