Friday, December 18, 2009

GOING PAST IN A BLUR?




We're heading into the final countdown now - only seven brief days to go. I've reached that magic point - as I do every year, tho at varying times - where I finally wake up to the fact that, this is it. I've done all the damage I can, or want, to do. The house may not be decorated to the hilt, but it's nice. It has a warm, cozy glow to it. The family may not be getting everything they want, but they are certainly getting all that they need.

The handmade gifts are done, and out of town gifts are winging their way to their destinations. The gift fund I have been squirreling away all year long has been depleted, so there's no point in looking at all those Christmas ads that come with the paper. I've bought all I can buy, wrapped all I can wrap, and am delighted to say that there will not be one penny of credit card debt hanging over me like a cloud, when all is said and done.

And so, it's time to let go. Slow down. Savor. Connect. Remember. Soak it all in. Time to be...in the moment...right this very second. Don't let it all rush past you in a blur!

No comments: