Tuesday, November 3, 2009

THINK I'LL KEEP HER


Well, my darling daughter is finally back in Texas. Woohoo! In fact, she's back in the house here with me for the time being, until she manages to land a job. So the question is, can we both adjust to being roomies again, after each having spent several years ruling our own roost, doing whatever we want, whenever we want? Time will tell!

One thing is for certain though - it sure is nice to have someone around who knows more about computers than I do. She saved me from putting my boot through that sorry son of a gun just yesterday. I can deal with the fact that things don't always work right when I'm not sure what I'm doing. No problem. But, when I have finally mastered a technique, and have been using it successfully for some time, then out of the blue, the computer decides to change the rules on me and do something totally different? Well, that really, really, really. Pisses. Me. Off.

Like when facebook suddenly decided, a few days ago, that it would no longer allow me to link from my status update to my blog stories, even though I'd been doing so just fine for weeks now. Lex happened to walk through the room just as I was trying to decide whether to torch the source of my agony, or toss it over the balcony to watch it go splat. When I told her why I was looking a bit apoplectic, she calmly replied "Oh, the same thing happened to me. I played around with it and figured out that it will work OK as long as you do it from your profile page instead of the feed page." OK. I never would have figured that out in a million years. I think I'll keep her.

P.S. Many thanks to treehugger.com for the above image.

3 comments:

musingegret said...

Now that's a roomie worth keeping! Calm and free computer guidance? Priceless! Aaaaand, she figured out the hiney-washing tush-warmer just by reading the labels---Cool! I say, keep her around---does she do windows? LOL

PLaneFancies said...

One of the few things that can REALLY make me cuss is a piece of equipment that won't do what it's s'posed to. Computers, copiers, etc. And now I know I can call Lex if I have FB troubles :-)

Hill Country Hippie said...

I always knew she was a gem!