Sunday, November 15, 2009

SATURDAY IN THE CITY






First Stop: Farmer's Market, where we nabbed some fresh pasta, romano beans and oyster mushrooms

Next: Whole Earth Provisions - lots of great Christmas ideas, and a present for myself, the book Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-scale Permaculture

Followed By: the movie Pirate Radio, which we thoroughly enjoyed, despite its mediocre reviews. It reminded us of just how lucky we were to have come of age during the 60's.

And Then: On to S. Congress! A very cool yarn shop, lunch/dinner at Guerro's, and dessert at Hey, Cupcake! (It's been a while since I was down there - had no idea the whole block was now lined with food trailers. Cool!)

Finally: Back home for a six-hour marathon of Sci-fi channel disaster movies, snuggled in with Lex and John... So, okay, I could have done without the disaster movies (I knitted my way through them), but the snuggling part was great!

No comments: