Thursday, October 15, 2009

MAKING HAY BEFORE THE SUN SHINES

Well, guess I didn't need to worry about being able to get everything done in time to head out for Dallas by 10 or 10:30. The sun is just now coming up, and I've already showered, dressed, done all my blog-visiting and stat-checking for the day, and finished with my tea-sipping and oatmeal-eating. I didn't really want or intend to be wide awake at 4:00 AM, but since I couldn't do much about it, I figured I might as well take advantage of it.

The next phase of the cantina garden was supposed to have been started on Tuesday. A guy was going to come begin work on the concrete base into which the cedar fenceposts will be set. Since it was pretty drizzly that day, I wasn't real surprised when he didn't show. Yesterday, however, was bright and sunny the entire day. I'm just so glad that it's not my job this time, to ride his ass, or waste day after day waiting for people who never show. My architect buddy has agreed to be the whip-cracker on this project, and I am ever so grateful to him! Hopefully, by the time I get back from Dallas, there will be some sign of progress being made.

1 comment:

musingegret said...

Your inner peace is now guaranteed; your buddy has given you a gift beyond priceless! "Hassle-eliminator and irritation-smoother-outer" should be included as job descriptions in Dept of Labor codes!