Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I WOULD HAVE SHOWN YOU A PICTURE, BUT...

My husband claims he didn't do a thing to my computer this weekend. However, I suddenly have a new screensaver, a bunch of new boxes and things in new places on my google home page, and lots of weird shit going on. I keep telling him that it really isn't necessary for him to sneak in and upgrade my computer when I'm not looking. I'm perfectly happy with things as they are. But he just can't, or won't, believe that is possible.

I always have a very bad day when he decides I need to be upgraded. Usually it's just because everything is in a different place, familiar icons have disappeared, and others have taken their place. Today it's a bit more serious. First thing this morning I tried to scan my newest To-Do list, so I could post it on the blog. The computer told me it couldn't find my scanner. I said "It's right here where it always is, you idiot!" I guess I pissed it off. I've spent most of the day on the phone with my husband, trying one thing after another, but nothing worked. I was so disgruntled I had to resort to chocolate.

I decided to play around with that Choco Taco recipe, see if I couldn't make it even better, and ended up creating a Mexitally version. First I lightly toasted some chopped hazelnuts that I had in the freezer. Then I melted 1/2 T. butter in a small skillet, and laid a really good handmade spelt flour tortilla in the pan. I broke apart one of those little lunchbox-sized Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bars and spaced the pieces over one half of the tortilla, sprinkled the toasted hazelnuts over the chocolate, and folded the tortilla in half. When the bottom side started getting crispy and golden, I flipped the taco over and browned the other side, then I took it out of the pan and sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar. Most excellent, I must say! I'd have posted a picture of it for you, but each time I tried to open my Kodak easyshare program, it immediately shut down again, and told me there was an unexplained error. "Well, if you can't explain it, who can?" I asked it. It is refusing to answer. DH swears he had nothing to do with it.

3 comments:

d.a. said...

The chocolate taco sounds scrumptious! The computer update, however... well, no comment. Tell DH to buy you a Mac. ;-)

Hill Country Hippie said...

He did a while back, without me even asking. I was quite happy with my PC thank you very much. He said I needed a mac cause they were more moron-friendly.

musingegret said...

Arrrrgh, I hate that when the computer updates itself! ;-)

On another note, it's very overcast and rumbly here right now and News 8 says Wimberley got an inch of rain; can it be true?? If so, thank you rain gods-n-goddesses and send some our way! Come on early El Nino. Wheeee!