Wednesday, September 2, 2009

FLIRTING WITH FALL


Man-oh-man! I do so love writing the word "September" at the top of my journal pages each day now. Even better, it's dipped down to a hair below 70 F. (21 C.?) the last couple of nights, and I've been able to throw my windows and doors open in the mornings, however briefly. That's something to celebrate!

I guess you'd have to experience one of our summers, to understand why something so minor could have us all walking around in a state of euphoria. We feel about fall the way you northerners (or southerners, to my Ozzie friends) feel about spring - it's like an exquisite release from torture. And that very first day when it's actually chilly enough to pull out a long-sleeved shirt, or even a sweater? Why, it's pert near orgasmic! But that's a ways off yet. We're still in the flirting stage of this relationship.

Oops! Better refill the hummingbird feeder out there on the porch. We've got a passel of those cuties coming through here as they head south for the winter.

3 comments:

Teri H said...

Ahhh... sounds wonderful!

Linda Hoye said...

I just admit I have mixed feelings about September! I'm glad you've got some cooler weather though!

Hill Country Hippie said...

I know how you feel Linda, because we get a wee bit depressed in spring, knowing it means we're just that much closer to triple-digit days.