Saturday, September 12, 2009

ALRIGHT, ALREADY!


OK, now I'm getting nervous. Why does everything always have to be so extreme here in Texas? Must we always swing from drought to deluge, with nary a pause in between? Truly, I do appreciate the rain we've had since Wednesday (7 1/2 inches!), but the forecasters said it would be letting up by now, just in time for my sisters' arrival. In fact, it was supposed to be clear and warm by the time we hit La Cantera Resort over in San Antone tomorrow, a thank you to my sister for taking care of the folks in their not-so-golden years. It's built at the top of an abandoned limestone quarry, and I hear it has a fabulous hot tub that wraps around the side of the cliff, with gorgeous views out over the Hill Country. We were planning to do some serious lazing by the pool. So why did I wake up to find it raining cats and dogs again? If this keeps up, our creek is gonna flood the low-water crossing, and they won't even be able to get to me, or me to them. Now wouldn't that just be sucky?

P.S. Many thanks to fabuloustravel.com for the above image.

2 comments:

musingegret said...

Hey nothin's better than sitting in a hot tub with cool raindrops splashing down and a glass of bubbly in hand! Hope y'all got out alright and made it to SA....eat a puffy taco (or three or five...) and toast the rain entities!

Hill Country Hippie said...

It stopped raining just for us, and we were able to spend all day Monday out by the pools and in the hot tub that faces out over gorgeous Hill Country views. Bliss!