Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'M MEEELLLTTTIIINNNGGG!!!



We finally got around to drawing names for Christmas when my family was all together for the summer birthdays celebration. It made me realize that if I want to make most of my gifts again this year, I really need to make some decisions soon and get crackin'. But, OMG, it's sooooo hard to think about Christmas when it's 105 degrees out! We are off the charts with the number of triple digit days we've had this year - about 50 already, and it's not even August yet. And of course, there is the lack of rain, or even clouds, on top of all that. I also need to get back to my knitting. I completed half of a really cute tea cosy when I was hanging out in the I.C.U. with John, but every time I think about picking up that fuzzy ball of wool yarn again, I break out into huge beads of sweat!

Hmmmm, I wonder... Since our little Rain Dance didn't bring but 4 or 5 drops, maybe I should just break down and wash my car. My family was giving me some grief about it last week, and I explained to them that it was a badge of honor here in the Hill Country to have a filthy car. It proves that you aren't wasting water on anything frivolous. However, since it almost always rains the minute my car is squeaky clean, perhaps I could actually help our situation by reversing my stance on that.

If that doesn't work, I'll have no choice but to pull out the big guns. I'm doing my best to hold off on that until fall, wanting to give El Nino a chance to work her magic and bring the Hill Country some rain, but if she lets us down, I've got one last trick up my sleeve. I'm going to pay a water delivery service to come and fill up that dang tank. I have no doubt whatsoever that the minute I've got it so full that it can't hold another drop, it's gonna come a gully-washer!

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment this week, if you wish to be included in this month's Year of Reading Dangerously Give-Away!

No comments: