Monday, May 18, 2009

AAAaaahhh...

I can breathe again. Feels like I've been holding my breath all week, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would imagine everyone on the board at Bountiful Sprout was holding their breath along with me. What started out as just a little tasting event, to let our members meet the growers and producers face to face, somehow mushroomed into something much larger, and even attracted the attention of Edible Austin magazine.

But the question was, would it actually be worthy of all this attention? Would enough producers show up to put on a good show, or were they just too busy to mess with it? If they did show up, would there be enough guests there to make it worth their while, or would they be sorry they came? Would anyone have any fun, or would they be bored to tears? Most importantly, would we be able to recruit any new members, to help The Sprout continue to sprout, or any new board members, to replace those in danger of meltdown after such a long battle to get this baby off the ground?

Yes, yes, yes and yes - to all of the above! I'm happy to announce, the event was a resounding success, and I will get photos up just as soon as I have access to them. Thank you so much to all of you who helped, planned, prepared, spread the word, and attended. You rock!

4 comments:

Lisa Carroll-Lee said...

OK, you folks over in Wimberly have all sorts of interesting things going on. I must cruise over that direction soon. BTW, I'm near Marble Falls.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks for stopping by AHW! I have a question for you. I saw on your blog that you've made laundry detergent before. My recipe calls for a bar of "pure soap", and I'm not sure if I have the right thing. I found a bar of laundry soap in my grocery store, called Zote. Is that the same thing? If not, where do I go to get "pure soap"?

d.a. said...

It was definitely a good time, sorry you couldn't make it!

Joanna Jenkins said...

This makes me miss my hometown that does this kind of stuff-- Bake sales, corn roasts, pancake breakfasts-- The community all coming together to help one another. I love this!!!! Glad it was such a hit!