Thursday, April 9, 2009

MY WISH FOR YOU?


May you never cease to be amazed by the beauty that surrounds you. We've had this house for four years now, and at first I worried that I might eventually become jaded - start to take all of this for granted. But nope, not happening! Each time I return from somewhere else, drive up over that rise in the road and suddenly see our valley spread out in front of me, and each time I glance up from my computer to see the hawks performing their spiraling ballet just for me, or I see the sun dipping down behind the hills, infusing the sky with pastel finger-paint patterns, I still feel the need to pinch myself and ask "Is this real? Do I really live somewhere as beautiful as this, or am I still in the 'burbs, just daydreaming over some magazine photo?"

2 comments:

Teri H said...

Bee-utiful photo! Hopefully I'll have a place like that soon! In the meantime, I'm loving Colorado! =)

Hill Country Hippie said...

I think part of why I fell in love with Wimberley is that it reminded me of the place where my family went every summer in Creede, CO. I posted a picture a while back of young me in a porch swing by the river - that was in Creede. I'm definitely a river person, rather than a lake or ocean person.