Monday, February 16, 2009

BLOG MAGNET#1: B&A SHOTS







I have three rows of blog-sites saved on the bookmark bar at the top of my screen, and I visit most of them once a day - one row in the AM, one in the afternoon, and one before bed. I'm not wasting time, it's research! Three rows is my limit though, and if I happen across a new one I really like, I can only save it if I'm willing to delete something else. One thing I have noticed is that my tastes have morphed over time. At first I was saving blogs about midlife in general, and some about the craft of writing. Then for a while it was foodie, garden, and a few craft blogs. Now I glom onto any blog that really gets the big picture. I want the whole shebang. I want blogs about people who know what it means to be living the good life.

Looking over the ones that are now bookmarked, I have begun to notice certain features that I am drawn to. One thing I love is a blog that teaches me how to do stuff. Next, I love blogs that tell a story - blogs that make me want to go back to the beginning of their archives and work my way forward. Most of all, though, I love wonderful photos of life's simple, ordinary, everyday activities. I will try to keep all of this in mind, when I'm thinking about what to post. Oh yeah, and I adore before & after pics, so here are a few for you:

First and second, our original living and dining area were combined in this one small space.

Third, the bumped out version as it is now.

Fourth, the original porch that we had to borrow from, and...

Last, the dining area we got by doing that.

No comments: