Monday, December 15, 2008

FINAL COUNTDOWN III





Hoo-wee, my mind is a whirling dervish this morning! Lexie flies in this afternoon, and my brain is having a bit of trouble grasping that Christmas is really here. It has been hopping from "Should I finish decorating the tree now, or wait and let the kids help?" to "Should I finish wrapping and get all this mess put away, so we'll have a place to eat, or leave it up in case anyone else still has wrapping to do?" to "Shall we have dinner in Austin, after I pick her up from the airport, or should I fix one of her favorites?" to "What shall we bake together, and what supplies do I need from the grocery store?", then to "How much cleaning do I absolutely have to get done before she arrives?"

You see, the thing is, I know how I am. If anything doesn't get done today, before I head to the airport, it's just not gonna get done at all! Her arrival is going to start the party ball rolling. It's going to pick up speed tomorrow when Austin and Guinness arrive, and it will be hurtling along full-tilt by the time John arrives on Thursday. At that point we will simply be having way too much fun to be bothered by such mundane things as chores!

I really need to do something about that laundry though. It's such a pain that our washer and dryer are still with John in Houston. I've become so spoiled over the years, being able to just throw a load into the machine in the next room, and go on about my business. I can't get used to devoting half a day to the laundromat. I've been thinking about setting up a clothesline here, to cut my laundromat time in half, but am afraid that, with the ferocious winds we get on the side of this hill, my undies are liable to end up in the next county. Wonder how my sister would react to me hauling my dirty clothes to her house in Dallas, and running a few loads during our Christmas festivities?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope that Alexis arrived safely. I'm so excited for your family to be getting together this week and having all kinds of fun! YEEHAW! Please say "hi" to everyone for us!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Actually, we were just sitting here this evening, talking about how fun it was hanging out with YOU guys a few weeks ago. Will you be hopping from house to house for the holidays, or just staying put?

Jessica said...

Awww, thanks. We wish we could come down with you again this holiday season! Have fun! We miss you!