Sunday, July 6, 2008

SHE'S GOT THE LOOK






If you've ever considered spending Independence Day in the Texas Hill Country, having the proper attire is extremely important. Finding a practical, yet stylish way to keep the sun off your face should be your number one priority. My friend Deb, who is driving the VW bug convertible, has the right idea. So do her Aussie friends who were on walk-about, and just happened to arrive in Wimberley in time to participate in the July 4th parade. That's our friend Bob Kirkham driving the cherry red caddy, and I think that family behind him, with the matching doo-rags, are looking mighty stylish too. And what about those girls modeling vintage costumes made by a local designer. Are those parasols cool, or what? I'm getting there. I have a couple of great hats, but those white capris and crocks are really detracting from their coolness. I'm ready to go for the whole ball of wax. In fact, I'm feeling the need for one of those very sassy petticoats that are hanging in front of Wall Street Western, and maybe even some rhinestones. Whad'ya think? After all, you know what they say around here - It's never too late to be a cowgirl!

2 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a fun fourth! A parade!
Looks like your fourth was perfect!

By the way, that picture of your daddy long legs has me itching. Yikes!
Becky

Hill Country Hippie said...

There is nothing quite as fun as a small town parade, especially now that we know some of the people in it! I will share more photos soon.